So, the Sounders finally get over the hump and defeat the Rapids but a score of 1- 0 and gather their first win of the season in the process. Becoming the last club in MLS to accrue a win, though they still sit at the bottom of the Western Conference table.
You can hear a recap of my thoughts on the Sounders game this weekend up on SoundersNation with Brian Stern. But, it’s not yet posted.
For now whats important to take away from the game is the following.
- Michael Gspurning came up big and for me, was the man of the match in my book. He had three huge saves and not only ensured three points, but really any.
- Hurtado sucked again.
- Brad Evans is now clean shaven.
- Yedlin may not of been given an assist but I loved what he continues to do to help spring the attack to life.
- Obafemi Martins just endeared himself to this ravenous fan base. Now he finally brought a goal for team struggling to find the net, help them to their first three points and he also he flew around the world for 15 minutes out on the pitch. Desire.
- Mauro Rosales should continue coming off the bench. His productivity in the last 20 minutes of his last two games mirrored what he did the first two games of the season in which he went the full 90.
- Mario Martinez is still MIA.
- Steve Zakuani’s finishing skills are too.
- Lamar Neagle might just push for more playing time with performances like his on Saturday. High energy, finding space, and winning balls for second chances. There is a lot to like about his coupling and while he didn’t finish this chances, he, once again, came mightily close on more than one occasion.
Those are my short take away’s from this past weekend. I suppose there is more, but I’m now over 300 words and I feel myself getting winded.