Seattle Reign Player Ratings as the team earns another shutout on the road against FC Kansas City.
The Seattle Reign had their third 0-0 draw in the last four games as they took a point on the road against defending NWSL champions FC Kansas City. Disappointing overall to not see the offense find their rhythm yet again, but on the road, in 90+ degree temperatures, the point is a decent result. The Reign need to consider switching up their attacking formation and starting players.
Here are my player ratings from the match:
- Solo (8.5): The standout player for the Reign. The defense overall was stout, but Solo came up with several big saves during the few opportunities that Kansas City had during the match.
- Barnes (6.5): Solid on the defensive end, but unable to help create chances along with left hand side. Subbed out in the 66th minute.
- Fletcher (7): Held off the defending champs well along with the back line.
- Corsie (6.5): Again solid on the shut out, but did pick up a yellow card. Defenders weren’t able to help much on offensive set pieces throughout the match.
- Reed (7.5): Several good defensive one-on-one stops. Created moves along the right hand flank.
- Little (8): Good performance on the offensive and defensive side of the ball, but unable to link up with the forwards enough. Reign needed more of Little on the ball.
- Winters (7): Defensively solid, but unable to find the forwards throughout the match to create a number of decent chances.
- Fishlock (8): Excellent shift in the middle of the park. Dug in several times for defensive stops. But along with the other midfielders most of her best plays were in stopping FC KC instead of scoring chances.
- Solaun (6): Quite game, and subbed off in the 64th minute. Unable to link up and push the left side of the field with Barnes.
- Yanez (5): Hardly any solid looks on goal. After 1 goal in 10 appearances coach Laura Harvey has got to consider starting a new forward.
- Mathias (5.5): Slightly better than Yanez on the night, but limited in meaningful chances. Also on 1 goal in 10 matches.
- Melis (5): Returned from an injury in the 64th minute, will take a while to work back into form.
- Pickett (5.5): Saw about 25 minutes before receiving a straight red card and dropping the team to 10 players for the final moments of the match.
- Dallstrom (N/A): Only in the match for a few minutes.
Here is defender Lauren Barnes talking before the road match again FC Kansas City.